Seguidores

viernes, 14 de agosto de 2009

LES PAUL RIP - A MESSAGE FROM WARREN

Today we lost a giant in the world of music and recording. Although we have lost way too many heroes/icons in recent months I am compelled to speak out in honor of Les Paul whom I knew (a little), played with once, and obviously respected and revered.

Les was the Jimi Hendrix of his time and although his heyday was way before my time, as a student of music, I would learn a lot about his monumental contributions as a guitarist and as an innovator of multi-track recording. Like Hendrix he changed the world for every guitarist who came after him whether they knew it or not.

Being a guitarist known mostly for playing "Les Paul" guitars I was approached several years ago by my friends at Gibson Guitars about helping to design and launch a Signature Les Paul guitar. My initial response was "I'm not Les Paul. There's nothing different or special about my guitars that I can take credit for-all the credit goes to him." It took years for me to finally feel that I (along with Brian Farmer, John Cutler, and Peter Miller) had come up with a unique design worthy of taking some credit for.

After hearing of Les' passing I feel even more honored to be considered/asked to help carry on the tradition of the Les Paul guitar. I am even more honored to have known him. He was truly a giant. - Sincerely, Warren Haynes

http://mule.net/

2 comentarios:

J Aybar dijo...

Me une al sentimiento por la perdida de Les Paul. Sobre la nota de Warren Haynes, la verdad es que hay pocos tipos tan consecuentes, centrados y honestos en esto. Cada vez que leo alguna entrevista suya o algo de lo que publicas en el blog tengo al misma impresión.

paulamule dijo...

Tengo una buena noticia que daré en breve pero shhhhhh, que quede entre tú y yo.
Gracias por ser el único que se ha percatado de la preciosa carta de Warren. Estos de blogger me machacaron la entrada.
Salud boy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...